Electro-mechanical Design Engineer - Cork
Are you an Electrical Design Engineer with Mechanical aptitude or vica versa?
Does developing cutting edge life changing Medical Devices excite you?
This role is based in a centre of excellence for R&D in Cork and there is excellent opportunities for growth
- Working within the Change Control Process, will provide design support to Engineering Change Requests including manufacturing process changes, product improvements, Supplier Change Requests, Supplier Transfers and Supplier PPAP.
- Participate in CAPA projects, working closely with cross functional teams including Manufacturing Engineering and Quality Engineering to identify and remediate product quality and process issues.
- Provide design and product application support for operations engineering cost reduction projects
- Assist end customers in resolving product related issues, through problem solving and troubleshooting product designs and product training.
- Support investigation and root cause analysis of customer complaints and field returns using engineering analysis techniques and problem solving methodologies.
- Evaluate and optimize concepts for mechanical function and manufacturability. Develop product designs and create prototypes from customer concepts and/or specs to test and validate ideas
- Work with a highly creative design team to invent and develop innovative new product concepts.
- Determine and implement design approaches and parameters and conduct feasibility studies on new designs.
- Select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications, reliability and regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with advanced process development and supply chain personnel for the specification and sourcing of raw materials and suppliers.
- Communicate with suppliers, advanced manufacturing engineering and advanced operations to resolve issues and optimize design for manufacturability and efficiency. Will ensure designs are cost efficient, manufacturable and reliable.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree (Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Materials Science).
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to express ideas and collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams. Open minded- able to recognize good ideas.
- Innovative thinker - able to envision new and better ways to do things
- Execute problem solving techniques related to design/technical issues. Good instincts and sound judgment for mechanical and structural design.
- Good understanding of statistical tools and validation/verification techniques.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to plan, organize, and implement multiple concurrent tasks.
- Must be able to analyze and correct product and/or process issues and make decisions using independent judgement
- Ideally has good knowledge of human anatomy and common surgical procedures.
- Good working knowledge of CAM/CAE computer systems, engineering materials and design, coating technologies, plastic part design and manufacturing technologies. Fluent in 3D CAD with good working knowledge of Finite Element Analysis tools.
- Must be able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and have a good understanding of geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Must have the ability to work with and assemble small objects and component parts. · Ability to operate small hand tools and inspection equipment
- Must be able to generate, follow and explain detailed proposals and operating procedures with an in depth understanding of ISO 13485 and FDA quality system requirements
- PC Literate (word processing, spreadsheets, data base) and strong knowledge of project Management tools is essential
- Willingness to travel internationally for live surgery visits and global partner collaboration