Agri Store Manager :
The Agri Manager is responsible for sales growth, supervision of staff, maximising the profitability of the Agri section and contributing to the overall continuous improvement of the Agri section and the overall branch. The Agri Manager will proactively support the Store Manager in the day-to-day operations and performance of the store including sales, staff, customer experience, security, health & safety, stock and resources management and will deputise for the Store Manager as required.
Sales – Meet and exceed store targets and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Monitor and analyse sales performance for Agri department against budget, develop strategies and proactively exploit all opportunities to sell our range of merchandise to new & existing customers.
- Lead a motivated, engaged & enabled sales team within the Agri section.
- Ensure the efficient and cost-effective delivery of service to maximise sales.
- Update yourself on matters concerning our competitiveness in the marketplace.
Customer Care – demonstrate our commitment to excellence in customer experience
- Assist with customer queries and point of sale duties. Carry out regular reviews of issues that arise concerning customer care with the Branch Manager with the aim to exceed customer expectations.
- Responsible for stock control, ordering & availability of all products under the remit of Agri Manager.
People Management – assist in managing staff across all areas of the site, in line with company policies
- Lead by example in terms of professionalism, safety, commitment and customer focus. Ensure staff are assigned to key service areas and have sufficient tasks to perform each day
- Full supervisory role including keyholder duties & all activities related to overall site management.
Administration - assist in managing cash, wage costs, budgets and systems administration as required
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures & legislative requirements
- Deliver excellent section standards consistently in line with audit requirements
- Complete daily / weekly checklists in conjunction with Branch Manager.
- Monitor, check and record cash reconciliations, purchase orders, returns & refunds according to the guidelines laid down. Manage & co-ordinate counting of stock daily / weekly or as agreed with Branch Manager.
Health and Safety – ensure that safety procedures are known, understood and followed by all staff
- Observe all safety rules in place and ensure the requisite PPE is worn within designated areas. Report accidents/incidents & safety hazards and complete any documentation required
Key Skills & Competencies :
- Ability to control and analyse sales performance for each department versus budget
- Ability to deliver cost effective service to maximise sales
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, people management and leadership skills with a proven ability to build & maintain strong working relationships with customers & stakeholders.
- Be prepared to work in a dynamic and fast-moving environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Competent in overall day-to-day operations with the ability to deputise for the Branch Manager as and when required.
- Demonstrable initiative with a solutions oriented mindset
- Self-motivated and prepared to be flexible when the occasion demands
- Strong commercial awareness / business acumen
Structure and Requirements:
- Reports To: Retail Store Manager
- Direct Reports: Retail Sales Assistants
- Location: as per job advert
- Key Interactions: Retail Operations, Purchasing, Marketing
- Qualification Required: Strong Agri product knowledge is a prerequisite for this role, a relevant qualification is beneficial but not essential
- Work Experience Required: A proven track record in Agri and Hardware retail, preferably with previous people management experience.
- Flexibility – this position involves regular weekend work including Sundays and Bank Holidays.
- Proficient IT knowledge including Excel, Email, POS etc.
- Passion for delivering an excellent customer experience with an understanding of how this drives sales and affects the bottom line
- Resilience with the capability of dealing with pressurised situations and deadlines
- Works well with others with a demonstrated aptitude for collaboration as well as a track record of delivering on individual objectives
Sales, agrculture, Retail, Retail Management, Service, Customer Skills, Customer Focus, Customer Service, Customer Care, Sales Person, Sales Support, Sales Assistant