Permanent Plant Manager opportunity in the Cork area urgently required for a successful heavy Engineering environment in the North Cork region.
Awesome role for a talented Leader with proven ability at Plant Leadership level.
Reporting into the UK, this role is highly autonomous and will suit someone with an excellent communication style who is able to influence and drive positive change in a fast paced environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively promote and prioritise a safe working environment for our people.
- Ensure appropriate policies, procedures, staff and processes are in place to meet the safety, health environment, and quality assurance standards.
- Develop the production plan to maximise the return to the business
- Contribute to the development of the overall production strategy for the Group.
- Monitor the production performance against the budget through set of agreed KPIs.
- Drive efficiencies at all levels through short/medium term projects.
- Drive standardisation of approaches, practices and reporting through a culture of continuous improvement.
- Lead and support the people agenda on site from a recruitment, onboarding, development and employee engagement perspective.
- Establish a regular pattern of (daily, weekly and bi-weekly) production meetings within the sawmill to ensure the delivery of the production plan.
- Form strong working relationships with supervisors to support them in their roles and to enable them to share knowledge and best practices.
- Contribute to the development of the capital investment strategy plan and the implementation of capital and NPD projects.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Qualification in Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing or related field or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ Plant / Site Management experience is essential;
- Knowledge and experience to promote a safe working environment and ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory standards.
- Reduces complexity and increases efficiency in processes to maximise outcome/return.
- Leads by example, with a "can do" approach, passion, energy and a strong work ethic.
- Very strong organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Drive to exceed goals and push self and others towards high levels of performance.
- Makes good decisions and delegates responsibility and accountability to the appropriate level.
- Understands the importance of managing and developing people.
- Creates a climate in which people can do their best.
- Open to change with a capacity to deal comfortably with risk and uncertainty.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build trusted relationships.