If your a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and are looking for an opportunity to be the Principle Lead in this specialist area then please apply today.
This role is with a Global centre of excellence in the Medical Devices industry and this company can offer amazing development opportunities for the successful candidate
- Responsible for accelerating the pace and effectiveness of NPI by developing a culture of innovation within the engineering team while leveraging our GQO and divisional partnerships.
- Technical oversight and leadership for programmes and for setting technical direction and competency framework for the multi-site engineering team.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining the technical objectives of the assignment.
- Develops technical solutions to complex technical problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Solutions may require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Assume the role of technical mentor for engineers in the function.
- Will monitor and control progress of work ensuring sound application of engineering principles and the appropriate use of policies and procedures.
- May function in a technical leadership role on major programs.
- Develop a detailed understanding of "best practice" in product/process performance within the medical device industry.
- Develop a support network of key divisional/corporate leaders, academic and supplier partners to enhance understanding of product manufacturing and quality.
- Lead a culture of innovation within the function by developing and implementing engineering forums and reviews for the engineering team.
- Drive high levels of employee engagement through a highly effective support structure developed and implemented for all engineers.
- Ensure adherence to GMP and safety procedures.
- Review and approval of validation documentation.
- All other duties as assigned.
- B.S in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline with 10 or more years’ experience; Related masters degree with 6 or more years of experience; PhD with 2 or more years of experience may also be desirable.
- Broad based business experience in high performance multi-national enterprise, at least 3 years of which has been spent in operations and/or technical leadership level in Medical Device or other highly regulated industries.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills - able to express ideas and collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams. Be open minded with the ability to recognise good ideas.
- Strong capability to network and influence at all organisation levels.
- D emonstrated project management and engineering expertise associated with new product introduction (NPI) in a regulated environment.
- Strong analytical ability with a high aptitude for understanding systems, gathering data and performing research.
- Must be able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and have the ability to understand geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Detailed understanding of the validation and verification process and its application relating to new products.
- Green or Black Belt 6 Sigma qualifications an advantage.
- High level of PC Skills required.
- Excellent attention to detail.