As Quality Technician, you will be responsible for routine final functional testing, product release criteria testing/inspection and recording of test results. You will represent Quality as the first point of contact for product and process issues that may arise. The Quality Technician will be involved in the achievement of department metrics and targets under Operational Excellence Programs such as 0-50-100 (Zero Accidents & Defects, 50% Reduction in Lead times, 100% increase in Throughput) and EPIC (Engagement, Profitability, Innovation, Collaboration) as well as supporting key site objectives. Also, support a culture of Continuous Improvement by using Lean Manufacturing tools in a structured approach to problem solving.
To assist in managing the Company Quality Management System including the following:
• Managing Non-conforming reports.
• Maintain, improve and present the quality metrics.
• Support the maintenance and improvement of the Quality System.
• Ensure compliance to all applicable regulatory standards and current GMP procedures and practices.
• Responsible for reviewing and updating QA Documentation.
• Responsible for the control of non-conforming product.
• Problem solving and continuous improvement investigations.
• Performing internal and plant wide audits as required.
• To provide assistance and support to the Quality Engineering and Operations function.
• Support a culture of Continuous Improvement by using Lean Manufacturing tools in a structured approach to problem solving
• Role model Company Values and site Ideal Behaviours.
• Self-starter who is comfortable working in a team or on their own in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Software packages.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Problem solving ability
• Decision making skills
• Ability to prioritise for results
• Effective time management skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum Level 6 Qualification in engineering or Science related discipline or greater than 3 years’ experience in a Quality Inspector role in the medical device industry.
• Six sigma training an advantage
• Knowledge of GMP, European & US regulations desirable
• Lean and Six Sigma qualification an advantage